Monday, August 15, 2005

Summer Light


As summer is drawing to a close, I've been looking back through some of my photos of everyone. It's been a genuine summer and reconnecting with a lot of people I'd lost touch with, mainly myself and my passions. I took this picture of my mom watering her plants in the back yard at my favorite time of day: dusk. It was while I was taking a photography class last year that I really started looking at the light and how it changes throughout the day. There is something about the way the sun cuts across the atmosphere just as it is setting (or rising early in the morning) that gives it this incredible orange/warm quality to it. It catches the smallest details and really warms up subjects. Also the way the sun (at this time) enhances the colors that are already there is absolutely amazing to me.

So, last night at the restaurant I had a bad night. Just was off a few beats the whole night. There are just some days that are like that, when it seems like everybody else is just dancing along to the rythms of everyday life and I just got off on the wrong foot and am a step behind the whole day. It was like I was behind the whole night, along with breaking a glass right in front of my moody boss and delivering one pizza to the wrong table and only noticing after the little girl had picked all of the green stuff off that it was the last plate for a different table, it was a bad night. But, I am hoping that after I work out today and kind of take it easy that today will be better, and I'll be dancing right along with everybody else.

Apart from that, it feels like a lot of the staff are beginning to accept me now. Like I made it through the two week gauntlet and now am all right. It's kind of nice.

Another image of summer, the dog days. Archie, the golden lab. Not a thought in his head, but what a good dog. He is the most affectionate dog I've ever met. Just a real dog that loves chasing tenis balls, bones, walks and will always be the first to greet you at the door. Also known affectionately as Touch Whore, he was adopted a few years ago from a man who kept Archie in a ten foot by ten foot kennel and would only push food in, hardly any physical contact. I just never understood why someone would have a dog or any animal, or person in their life if they wouldn't want to play with them and enjoy them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home