Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Reflections on Silver

Here is a picture I took of a great friend in Silver City, Kasia. She had this way of seeing through any facade I put up, pretending I was ok, hiding behind a smile. And we laughed a lot. Like one of the best friends I had as a little girl, she and I took a few classes together and as soon as we saw each other we would start to fill each other in about the day and the comic situations and art that we'd tried, the dreams of last night, the frustrations of relationships and just giggle and whisper until my favorite english professor would walk into class, casting us that familiar smile. That she understood us. After she'd gotten herself set up, the professor would clear her throat, casting us an, "All right, we really do need to at least pretend to start a class here-smile." Kasia is one of those people who helped me come into reality. We are all just people, going about our lives, not any greater of lesser than anyone else, just here, right now, and now, and now. But, I think she'll always be one of those people who left and imprint on me.
I've just watched Felicity on Tivo. I'm not sure why, but really love that show. Just so sincere and honest and artistic and so familiar. I think I relate to the character Felicity a lot, or maybe that I would like to. Who knows. It's a good show. So today is the first day of classes at the college, but I actually am not going to any classes. I've got to work at the restaurant during yoga, which is actually my fault as I didn't get my schedule in early enough to my boss. But, tomorrow I get to go to yoga and biology and chemistry and math. So that will be pretty exciting. Also, I've started running again. It feels so good.
I went to a flea market on Friday and bought four kitchen chairs for 30 dollars. They are so incredible. I just love them. They have these great seats that are all woven, high backs and two rungs on the bottom. THey are so comfortable. I am working on them right now, sanding them down to paint them a deep blue. I've decided I'm getting my own place this summer, so I've started looking around for some furniture. It really is exciting. I figure where ever I go, I'd like to stay there for at least two years. Then, I think I will have a degree and be able to get into some field studies and do what I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home