Saturday, December 03, 2005

Money

So this barely making ends meet is a whole new thing. Debating between Christmas presents and food is really changing my perspective and challenging my creative side. And, the other thing is on chosing the food - get organic and fruits and veggies, spices, sauces and all that will cost more, but over all be better for me and more sustaining than the Asian noodles which only cost 38 cents per meal.

Another thing that is really challenging my creativity is this illustrating job that I am in the process of taking on. I've got about half of the first page illustrated, but have hit this block and cannot decide how I want to show jelly bean trees. There is a certain warmth and encompasing feeling that I am aiming for in the pictures, but will see if I can actually achieve it. Stay positive and look under every rock, on top, at the sky and in the puddles and it will hit me square in the face from far out in left field. Just have to keep searching for it. Sigh,.

I am getting anxious for school to start as it is really getting lonely up here, not knowing anyone really. But, I am also scared that I might fall into the same pattern that I did last year - the absolute focus on school and neglect of myself. It's funny, how much I enjoy meeting new people now. I never thought that I would be this at ease around new people - ever.

I am also not sure if I like the city. My housemates are hardly ever here and have gigs till way late, and I am not into the whole groupie thing. Every so often I love going to see live music, but not all the time. I can appreiciate it, but that is all I want to do with it. And to dance. But, the one thing about the city is that it makes you think that you need all of the stuff that everyone is selling. And, money is this huge deal... I wanted to come up here for the art, but now I have hardly done any since I got here and have seen very few galleries. Guess that will have to change pretty soon. I think so. Absodoodle.

The change is coming on the wind, through the gutters. And man, is it blowing today.

I've also decided I am going to visit India when I graduate from college. THere is something pulling me there - the art, the vivid colors, some philosophy, th ebeauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home