Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Made It Through the Bumps

So, I've made it through two weeks on twenty dollars. How, I am not actually sure, but here I am and payday is Friday. I've registered for classes at the University and am going to get a jump start on the semester by taking a week intensive class in Women and Creativity. I've got my last yoga class today in Socorro and my last photography class.

My twenty first birthday turned out to be pretty good. I always dread birthdays, that I'll be alone - but some how, I never end up alone. My mom and Aileen, my exboyfriend's mom - who has absorbed my into her family and her into mine- took me out to lunch and I soaked that up. It feels like we are family, although I am not sure how to define the role we each play in the circles, but I guess that doesn't really matter does it. My mom is so incredible, it just meant so much that she came up. I was even more suprised to see Aileen, so it was really nice. I always love seeing them both.

Went to work and was just in a great mood the whole day, and then after work Dan - my housemate - well, his girlfriend was having a party for a concert she had just given (she is an opera singer - ya, wow, huh?) so went over there and had a few glasses of wine and great time. I met this man named Diego, from Bolivia, who is a business major at UNM and is going to get the degree and then go back to Bolivia to help his family get their business off the ground and get a few outlets in Europe and one in Miami. What an interesting person, wow.

The next night I went out with a friend from work to a real bar and actually got carded. That was pretty thrilling. I guess Dan was actually the first person to card me, but doesn't really count, although it was a sweet gesture.

So, Joey and I had a few drinks and went to another bar and I just had an awesome time hanging out and talking with him and getting to know him. We sat outside on this heated patio by a fire place and just talked. December in Albuquerque, with an Ameretto Sour, a warm fire and a kind hearted person. Like I've said before, this is the first period in my life that I haven't been terrified of meeting new people - more precisely I look forward to getting to know new people.

And Then! I saw a great guy I met in Silver City while I walking across campus. Go figure, right? It was so nice to see a familiar face, so we are going to catch up this weekend and am really looking forward to that.

I am also really getting back into reading, which is incredibly exciting to me. My curiosity is back and I feel a solidness inside that excites me. The only way I can think to describe it is a rootedness with in myself, but also an eagerness to experience everything. Life is good, once again.

I think after this year I will probably never eat peanut butter again. These past three weeks have been peanut butter sandwhiches and coffee for about every meal. Oh, ya, that is how I made it through the two weeks. But, the loan finally came through. Alright, guess I better take care of some business. Check out this web site, this is the humanitarian spirit of Christmas: http://www.givemethemasterkey.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home