Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Wall


I have been watching the news every night when I get off of work at the department store. A few weeks ago I got this idea for a retaining wall for the Louisiana residents. Here's the deal:

Build a retaining wall out of compounded and crushed cars, other recyclable material that is desperately needed to be taken care of any ways. I heard on NPR the other day that cars in particular are posing a huge complication to the people. So, why not compound them and make a wall that is needed to protect the people from another catastrophic flood. There is enough of the cars and rubble and the like to build an adequate wall, deep enough to give it tensile strength and support such an impact, also the cost would be considerably cut, which is what a lot of the debate is currently revolving around with the politicians, supposedly.

Using the great wall of China as an example, to add the rubble into the wall, as many bodies are entombed in the wall (let me clarify that I am not suggesting we put bodies in the wall) - more rubble and things that will reinforce the wall and also clean up the areas. Reinforcing the all with steel beams and the like will also give it more strength against possible natural waves of water. Ontop of the wall should be a recreational walk way where people can walk along the coast, ride bikes, jog, meet other people.

The third addition to the wall would be massive mosaic on the side facing the city, to commemorate the art, music, culture, and pieces of a way of life that remain to make an art piece to link the people. A way of life that is so passionate and alive cannot be left to decompose because of politics.

I can't help bur write this blog. I don't know where it will lead, but I feel that I have to get this out there. I desperately want to help this region which has such a rich way of living, though is monetarily poor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home