Monday, July 03, 2006

Dreams, plans and the universe

I am working at this coffee shop this summer, just off of the plaza in my home town. I have been thinking about how the plaza is/was the center of a town, like the polis in the Greek times or the belly button of humans. And, what really bothers me is that that is where all of the homeless people in Socorro hang out during the days. What bothers me is that they are disreguarded, human beings, who have been forgotten even though they are in the absolute middle of town. Perhaps I relate or feel compassion for these disreguarded members of the community as I feel I have been marginalized in the financial aid process at three different Universities and am waiting for an answer right now, at the latest.

Then today while I was at the bank, I looked down at my agenda, on the front of which I've done a collage with a photograph of the face of a native american woman with her hair trailing in a stream as she is looking off to the side. And when I looked up, the woman who was the teller had almost the same facial features. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

This morning while I was drinking my coffee I was cruising the net and found a site about concrete-mosaic sculpture and a workshop this summer in Mexico. I've been feeling drawn to Mexico for a while, so this opportunity sounds very serendiptous. And one that I think I need to go to. http://www.haciendamosaico.com/index.html. A jar will be started for this. Mmmm... I can't wait. March 1 - 7. It will be truly a great time.

I really is incredible, how efficient I feel lately, that I am really working and taking care of my own affairs. Paying my bills and feel like I am really on top of my bills and the like. Pretty exciting. I've got to say. I think I want to continue this organized, efficiency for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home