Sunday, August 20, 2006

Work hard and be nice

Sitting in the coffee shop in Albuquerque, thinking about the possibilities, that feeling that if I put my mind to it, I know I can do anything. The basic necessities are dedication, money, time and support and kindness. I know a teacher whose only rules for the class are to work hard and be nice. Seems like a great philosophy to me. With my cup of coffee, I take a deep breath and feel myself sinking into the cushion as Let it Be swirls through my brain, realigning my nerves and helping me prepare for the first day of classes, tomorrow.

I think the great thing about this year will be that I am ok. And I feel like crying because I am. That all I have to do this year is work and go to class. That's it!! How incredible. Deep breath and filling my lungs with that calmness. It's really going to be alright. Ha! I walked around campus this morning, all of the freshman look soooo young. It's amazing. I was that age once, too! Ha. I also think its amazing how much can change in a year or two. Hmmm.... I am taking today and nurturing that part of me that is excited for classes and that gets that sparkle in a new idea and a million ideas with one key of inspiration. How incredible. The things we can do. The things we have done, the things we have yet to dream of.

As I was sitting here a woman walked up to a table a bit a way and showed her new baby to an old friend. It was really great to see the joy that the father took in watching the reaction that the friend took in admiring his child. And the huge smile on the woman's face. I know I want to be a mother. At some point, after I've gotten myself a good job and home, I want to bring a child into my life, hopefully with a partner present. And I stream my dreams which flow like water through my fingertips, seep into the key board...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home